Followers

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bleached Snowman

This guy had some surprises in store for me.  I thought that Ranger's Archival Ink was similar to Stazon.  It isn't.  When I hit it with the bleach it faded.  OOOOOhh!  I agonized over how it was going to look, and surprisingly enough I actually like how it turned brown and gives the whole scene a more washed out, sunny feel.  The shadowed area stays black and gives good contrast to the scene.  The blue paper I used wasn't the best, so the bleach wicked into areas that it wasn't supposed to, but overall it is hard to tell.  I had to cut the border of, as that really showed badly, but the rest is acceptable to me.  The white sure came up in this.  Wish the bleach worked half that well on my hubbies grass stained socks.

Challenges:

Outlines Rubber Stamps Challenge #34 Winter Wonderland
Stampalot Challenge: January-Monochromatic
Stampavie and More Challenge 160-Winter
Sparkles Challenge C#28-New Crafty Goodies

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card

    Thank you for joining us at SMC for our * New Crafty Goodies * Challenge.

    Hope you will join us again soon, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super Winter creation Shantril.

    Thank you so much for joining in with our Monochromatic theme at Stampalot challenge this month, good luck and I hope you will join us again next month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely entry for our Monochromatic challenge
    thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning card

    Thankyou for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge

    Hope to see you again soon

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely monochromatic card. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot, Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Please stop by again soon.