Followers

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fluttering By Just to Say Hi

I just love hummingbirds, and when I saw this one from Stitchy Bear Digi's I couldn't resist owning it.  I also found the paper at Stitchy Bear.  I colored the Hummer with my Copic Markers.  I did the sentiment on my computer using the paper as a reference for the color of the test.  As you can see, I got a thumb print on it, and I was always told by my teacher, that it is considered the hand of the artist to be treasured along with the artwork.  Of course, my teacher was my mother, and I think she may be biased there, but I'm gonna keep that as a truth.  Besides, it's shiny!!!!  I love shiny.  The rest of the shiny is from Lindy Stamp Gang.

This one was a real devil to photograph.  It is very shimmery, and looks beautiful in real life, but in the pictures it either had too much shimmer or no shimmer in most light.  I finally got the lighting to show up the gold shimmer, but it is the warmer yellow light of an incandesent bulb.  It looks fine, but in real life this isn't quite that yellow.

The challenges I wish to join.

Stitchy Bear Challenge-Choccy's Christmas Challenge

4 comments:

  1. Stunning creation!!! Thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.
    Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, wow, you absolutely rocked that little bird :)...and about the thumb print, a wise ole gal once told me when I was crocheting and made a mistake, it was "my personal touch" of the pattern haha...pretty sure that was my mom too :)...Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us gals at OSAAT and helping us end another wonderful year :)

    Have a very safe and Happy New Year
    stitchy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning !!
    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch At A Time for 'Choccys' Christmas Challenge'
    Good Luck !
    Hope to see you back next week :O)
    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. Please stop by again soon.