Followers

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

This was the challenge that I have worked the hardest at.  Not because I want to win so much as I thought I would save myself some time, and color some of this in Photoshop.  LOLOLOLOL.  Well no time savings, but a great learning experience.  Here are the lessons.

  1. Make sure all the lines connect in the area you want to use the paint bucket on, or it will run into areas you don't want colored.  Draw lines if necessary.
  2. Make the areas as big as necessary to fit the paint bucket.  I magnified to 1000% sometimes.
  3. Copic Express it paper does not do well in a laser printer.  Thus the grunge effect of Kenny K's Lady Victoria.  Not a bad effect, just unintended.
  4. I need new lighting techniques for my photos.  I have a fairly new Canon Digital Rebel, so I know it isn't my camera, so it has to be the lighting.  That is my New Years Present to myself.
There may be more lessons coming, stay tuned.

The two pictures are to show how the card looks in different light, and to show how really sparkly the card is.  As my followers know, "I love sparkle", and it annoys me when it doesn't show up well.


The top photo is more true to color, but the color of her bra and tutu was drowned out by the shiny stuff.  LOVE IT.

Recipe:

  • The card center piece is Kenny K's Lady Victoria Digi Stamp
  • Cheery Linn Medium Rose & Medallion under the roses, Spellbinders gears and tag and Tim Holtz Rosette Dies.
  • Creative Memories & Stampin Up Paper
  • Photoshop & Copics to color
  • Sakura Stardust pens & Lindy Stamp Gang Mica Powder provide the shiny stuff
  • Hobby Lobby Bridal provides the pearl floral spray.
  • I-rock Purple Nailheads
Challenges I have entered:

Kenny K's Crafty Girlz-#74 Anything Goes
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 8 - Celebrate
One Stop Craft Challenge-#163 Winter Wishes
Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge-166 Anything goes
Totally Gorjuss: Challenge 112 Happy
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge 135 New Year
Charisma Cardz Week 50 Challenge-Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday #197 Happy New Year
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge #127-Anything Goes

    13 comments:

    1. Thanks for taking part in the challenge this week on the Cheery Lynn Designs blog ....
      It sure looks like you had lots of fun, even though no time gained. Your cards are lovely

      ReplyDelete
    2. Beautiful card! Love that grunge look!
      Thanks for joining us at Cheery Lynn designs challenge this week and good luck!
      Love from France, Kianel.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Happy New Year ! Wow another beautiful card ! Love all the layers, flowers & pearl ! what a funky stamp !

      I also have a Rebel Canon and use Ott Lamps for natural light. I've been advised that a light box works well for the colours. I don't have one yet, and I can relate to finding it difficult to capture the exact colours !

      ReplyDelete
    4. Lovely card, Lynne, good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Wow this is such a Wonderful creation, the image is adorable and coloured so beautifully its just perfect for our Anything Goes challenge

      Thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and we hope to see you next week,



      Good Luck with the challenge
      and a happy and healthy 2012,
      Hugs Bridget :0) x
      SCSC DT

      ReplyDelete
    6. super card!!
      Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week would love to see you next week too
      hugs
      laney

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hi Lynn,

      Beautiful cards. Congratulations !

      Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

      Hugs from France.
      Catherine.

      ReplyDelete
    8. What a lovely card
      Thank you for joining us this week at Incy Wincy
      Love Jan
      xx

      ReplyDelete
    9. A fantastic card. I love the image. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
      Nikki x

      ReplyDelete
    10. such a cool card,goodluck at charisma this week

      ReplyDelete
    11. That's a pretty cool card you have made!

      Jessica

      ReplyDelete
    12. Great Take on the Sketch, Good Luck and thanks for playing this week at Totally Gorjuss!!

      Hugs,
      Patricia

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for your comment. Please stop by again soon.